Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: To sell or not to sell.... **UPDATE**

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Gomunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2006
    Posts
    416
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here is my dilemma:
    I really want a PM Addy, but to get this particular one would cost me $65 ncluding shipping. She has silver eye, but it is still really cute and a really good deal. My fiance said that I can't have her since I already got two dolls, just this month, and he said I could get her if I paid with her myself (and not out of my paycheck). So my backup plan was to ask my mom for her for my birthday, and she said no since she said she already got me something that I need (I have no idea what though).
    So, as a solution, I listed some stuff on ebay and amazon, plus responded to some wated ads on my local craigslist. So far I've received one e-mail back about the maternity clothes I have available. I sent her pictures in response to the initial e-mail and am now waiting for another response.
    Another idea I have is to sell my Battat Our Generation Jack doll. I see him on e-bay every once and a while, and am sure he would sell (for more than I paid for him), but I don't know if I really want to get rid of him. I have two other non-AG dolls, (one Battat and on Springfield), But I do not think they would sell, especailly for what I could get out of Jack.
    My current sewing orders would pay for Addy, but I only have a few days left to come up with the money or someone else will get her and there is no way I can finish all my orders by then.
    Any suggestions on what to do? If I sell Jack, how much should I sell him for (he is great condition with all of his original stuff)?
    Thanks in advance.

    -Jenifer

    Here is Jack:
    ed93a2fd

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 08, 2006 11:50 AM: Message edited by: Gomunk ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bgeurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    630
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If this is an ebay Addy and you don't know the buyer, another one will come along. There is always a better deal next week.

    We actually have a HB member selling an Addy, although more expensive, but an absolutely beautiful PM doll.

    Maybe you need to save up some money first before you look for a doll. That way you will have time between each doll to bond and play with the one you just received.

    Good luck with all your selling and sewing projects and let us know how it comes out.
    [img]wink.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member agmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2006
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How about a payment plan with the Addy seller? Just let her know you can send her $20 now and a little bit each month until you've paid for her. That's what I did when I bought an Elizabeth collection from a Yahoo AGdoll Group member. I just paid it in 3 months and she was okay with that. I hope you can figure out a way to pay for Addy. Since you have 2 little boys, I think I would try and keep Jack. They will probably like playing with him and it's fun to have a boy doll to make up stories with the dolls.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Prewitt05's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You said that you really want a PM Addy but if this one has silver eye and you send her to AG hospital to be fixed they only have Mattel eyes. So if you want an PM Addy with PM eyes you might want to pass on this one? That would give you time to complete your sewing orders. I wouldn't sell your Jack in haste, you might regret it later.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Talk to your fiance----tell him your sewing orders will pay for Addy; perhaps you can get her with some of your paycheck, and then "pay it back" when you've filled your sewing orders.

    (Or, ask your Mom for a loan, to be paid back from sewing orders?) [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

    Good luck! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    P.S. Boop is right--there's always another auction! And I've seen nice Addys WITHOUT silver-eye for $65 or less in the past. I'd think carefully before selling a doll to buy an ebay doll--they don't always come up to expectations, even with full disclosure. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 08, 2006 09:55 AM: Message edited by: AsianAG ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you really want that particular Addy and have the money lying around, I'd borrow from myself. I do that a lot if I know more money is coming for "fun" in just a week or two. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I've had a couple PM Addy dolls with silver eye, and you can convince the AG hospital to do eye replacement only, but really have to be on top of it or they'll replace the whole head and then you'll basically have a Mattel doll. If you fix the silver eye, I'd recommend being very clear and putting a note in the box, a note stuck to Addy, and a phone call.

    Good luck- you will love PM Addy!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Kenshinchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2006
    Posts
    1,024
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I personally would wait for another Addy; you should be able to get one for that price later. Also keep in mind that even if you are perfectly clear in your instructions to the AG Hospital, they cannot guarantee that they'll be able to successfully replace the eyes. I'm guessing they have to cut into the vinyl to remove the eyes (or else, just as bad, heat the vinyl or something), and there's a lot that can go wrong. The replacement almost always goes fine, but just warning that there's still some risk involved.

    Of course that's just my opinion though!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Gomunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2006
    Posts
    416
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The good news is that this Addy is from someone on AG Playthings, and she comes with a meet dress. I have tried the "honey I'll pay you back out of my sewing orders," but he's not budging, yet. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    I don't think Addy's silver eye is really bad, so I may just live wiht it, or send her in for an eye transplant only. They have no fee for that right?
    The only reason I would keep Jack is so I can do sewing orders for other Jack dolls (my first sewing order was for another Jack owner so having him to try on the clothes was good since he is smaller than AG dolls). A funny thing about my boys and my dolls, Molly is my son's favorite too. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I don't think Mom would give me a loan since she is covering a lot of my wedding ceremony costs (not a lot, but a good bit). I just listed some of my daycare uniforms on Craigslist, since that particular daycare has 4 centers in my area. Jess and I bonded quickly, and I know Samantha and I will do a lot of bonding as I work on her, and she'll always be my "I fixed her" doll.
    As far as a payment plan, I doubt it since there is someone else interested in her also. But I could always ask.
    If someone is interested in a Stirling for their Kirsten I think he'd be great and I'd feel much better about him going to a good home. I think that if I could come up with a chunk of the money for this Addy that my fiance would give in and pay the rest (he just let me buy Molly's Aviator outfit and some replacement stuff last night).

  9. #9
    Inactive Member kikilives's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2006
    Posts
    312
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    PM'd you!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Gomunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2006
    Posts
    416
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I convinced my fiance to buy her for me!!!!!!!!!
    YAY! [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img]

    He asked me if I really wanted her and why. I told him that she is calling to me. He said he didn't trust it because it's not ebay, and I told him I trusted it becasue it wasn't e-bay.

    The money was sent via paypal, so she should get sent soon.

    YAY! **doing the happy dance**
    He didn't mention anything about paying him back, but I think I will once I get the money. I'll either pay him back with the money I get from my sewing and selling other stuff, or I'll get him something he wants (like a new computer game). He asked me last night if I would rather have the Addy or Grey's Anatomy Season 2 DVD(which comes out this month) and was shocked when I said Addy. Now he knows how much I really want her since he knows I love Grey's Anatomy.

    Thanks everybody for all of your suggestions and such. This has really encouraged me to try to get rid of stuff I had just laying around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •